Lavender has been used for thousands of years for perfumery, bathing and cooking.
High-quality lavender oil has a sweet, floral, herbaceous, and slightly woody scent. lavender oil blends well with many other essential oils to create a synergy of blends.
Lavender oil benefits your body and mind in many ways:
- reduces anxiety and emotional stress
- Heals minor burns and wounds
- Aides in sleep
- Improves skin complexion and scars (acne scars)
- Improves eczema and psoriasis
- Helps with headaches
- helps with nausea
- heals chapped lips and skin
For most people, using lavender oil is completely safe, however there is not enough scientific research done on lavender oil interactions with other medications, or for its use in pregnant women or nursing women, so there are certain situations where you will want to use caution.